News, Fashion & Beauty
Happy Pancake Day!
04 March 2014
What better way to celebrate Shrove Tuesday than with a giant stack of sweet sticky pancakes?! We chose fluffy American style blueberry pancakes to get us in the mood... calorie counters need not apply!
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes with Fruit Compote
1 medium egg
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Knob of butter
Oil to grease pan
Maple or Golden Syrup (depending on preference)
Mixed pack of berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries or Raspberries)
1 Tbsp. sugar
Dusting of icing sugar (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Whisk the egg and milk together separately in another bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the egg/milk mixture into the middle. Whisk together until it forms a smooth batter. Beat in the melted knob of butter and gently stir in the blueberries.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a non-stick pan. Ladle a large tbsp. of batter into the pan. After 2-3 minutes you will notice small bubbles appearing and the batter becoming smoother on top, that means its time to flip the pancake! Wait another 2-3 minutes till the pancake is a golden brown.
- Throw the remaining chopped fruit/berries into a saucepan with a generous helping of sugar (around 1 tbsp.) and a dollop of any fruit jam you may have in the fridge for extra sweetness. Let this gently simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the fruit has softened.
- Serve the pancakes with a generous squeeze of maple/golden syrup and spoonfuls of fruit compote. Dust with icing sugar for the final wow.
- Hello Magazine
- Style Magazine
- Our cushions in the Daily Mail
- Stylist Magazine
- Away with the faires Blog
- VOGUE USA
- Our SOS Travel Kits featured by Pixiwoo
- Face Up
- A Holiday Survival kit
- You & Your Wedding
- Festival Fever SOS Kit
- Beauty Queen UK Features our SOS Kits
- Hannah Talks
- Feature in Star Magazine; Little wonders
- Lemonaid Lies
- Good Housekeeping
- Telegraph Fashion
- Festival Kits
- Beauty sets for her
- Handbag Essentials Kit